Child sexual abuse takes many forms
- Sexual acts between an adult and a minor, or between two minors when one exerts power over the other.
- Non-contact acts such as exhibitionism, exposure to pornography, and voyeurism.
- Child sexual abuse can occur anywhere.
- Homes, neighborhoods, schools, and youth sports environments.
- Online, such as child pornography or communicating in a sexual manner by phone or the internet.
You are not alone
- It can happen to anyone – even friends and family around you. Even a child you know and love. Even your own child.
- The financial, social, and emotional costs are incalculable. Not just on the victim and their family, but on society as a whole.
- Child sexual abuse is not the problem of just one socio-economic status, culture, race, religion, or gender. It impacts EVERY community and EVERY person across the globe.
Child Safe is designed especially for children!
Child Safe is a safe, child-friendly, neutral place where children and teens are interviewed about allegations of sexual or physical abuse, or about witnessing a violent crime. Child Safe provides support to children and families impacted by child abuse.
The goal is to prevent a child from having to retell their story, over and over, and to offer a team approach to child abuse investigations.
What to Expect
To learn more about what to expect after a referral, visit our FAQ information.