April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. This year, more than ever, everyone plays a role in preventing child abuse and neglect — We all share in the responsibility to protect children from neglect and abuse. With social distancing, along with schools & sports activities cancelled, this leaves children vulnerable by being isolated from friends, teachers, coaches, & other people that would notice and report a suspected abuse incident. We CAN NOT postpone protecting children. Child Safe of Central Missouri is concerned about incidents of child abuse rising while reports to the MO Children’s Division are falling. Falling because kids are separated by those that see the signs. Together we can bring attention to our children’s safety and bring awareness to others about seeing the signs which is why Child Abuse Prevention Month is so important. We need awareness more than ever!
If you suspect child abuse (physical or sexual) or neglect, call 1-800-392-3738. Calls are answered 24/7.
How can I help?
- Share this information, & our Facebook posts about child safety
- Put blue pinwheels in your yard
- Wear blue, post pictures on our Facebook event page, and share
- Check on friends and family often
- Talk to your kids about body safety
- Talk to your kids about online safety
- Learn more at www.childsafehouse.org
- If you suspect, call the hotline number 1-800-392-3738
It may seem like small steps, but your help is impactful to help children, families, and communities to get help and start to heal.